When cutting equipment materials, we usually use cutting machines , and plasma cutting machines are the most frequently used among many types of cutting machines, but do you know the technique of using Chevron plasma cutting machines? Xiaobian plasma cutting machine manufacturers to find out:
1. Cutting should start from the edge. Start cutting from the edge as much as possible, instead of piercing. Using the edge as a starting point will prolong the life of the consumable. The correct method is to point the nozzle directly at the edge of the workpiece before starting the plasma arc.
2. Reduce unnecessary "arc (or pilot)" time. The nozzle and electrode are consumed very quickly at the start of the arc. Before starting, the torch should be placed within the walking distance of the cutting metal.
3. Keep the cutting torch and consumables as clean as possible. Any dirt on the torch and consumables can greatly affect the function of the plasma system. When replacing consumables, place them on a clean flannel, check the torch connection ribs frequently, and clean the electrode contact surfaces and nozzles with a hydrogen peroxide-based cleaner.
4. Use reasonable cutting distance. According to the requirements of the instruction manual, a reasonable cutting distance is adopted. The cutting distance is the distance between the cutting nozzle and the surface of the workpiece. When perforating, try to use twice the distance of the normal cutting distance or the maximum height that can be transmitted by plasma arc No .: Materials Science and Engineering).
5. The thickness of the perforation should be within the allowable range of the machine system. The cutting machine cannot perforate the steel plate that exceeds the working thickness. The usual perforation thickness is 1/2 of the normal cutting thickness.
6. Do not overload the nozzle. Overloading the nozzle (that is, exceeding the working current of the nozzle) will quickly damage the nozzle. The current intensity should be 95% of the working current of the nozzle. For example: the current intensity of a 100A nozzle should be set to 95A.
Avoiding Cutting Defects Tips
1. Rounded corners. Caused by plasma arc heat on the top surface of the cut. Reasonable control of the cutting torch height can minimize or eliminate the rounded corners. Severe round-edge filleting usually indicates that the torch cutting height needs to be reduced.
2. Slag on the upper edge. The upper edge slag is caused by the fast cutting or the cutting gun is set too high. Slower cutting speed or lower cutting torch can reduce slag on the upper edge. Upper edge slag is easy to remove.
3. Hang slag at the bottom. Molten metal may accumulate on the bottom of the sheet. The faster the cutting speed, the less the melting amount of the material, and the less the slag accumulation at the bottom. (Follow WeChat public account: Materials Science and Engineering) If the bottom slag is easily removed, it indicates that the cutting speed is slow; while the bottom slag that is difficult to remove or even needs to be removed by polishing means that the cutting speed is too fast .
4. Incision. The cutting table lists the notch width parameters and can be used as a reference for cutting programming. The width of the cut is related to the size of the cutting mouth. The higher the cutting current, the larger the width of the cut; in addition, the higher the cutting gun height, the larger the width of the cut.
5. Bevel angle. The bevel angle formed by high-precision cutting is in the range of 0-3 °, while ordinary plasma cutting will form a larger bevel. Correct and reasonable control of the cutting torch height can minimize the size of the bevel of the bevel, and at the same time, improve the width of the cut and the phenomenon of slumping and rounding of the upper edge. When cutting circles or corners, a slower cutting speed can be used to reduce the bevel angle.
6. Cutting speed. The cutting table provides information on the optimal cutting speed. All plasma systems can perform fast or slow cutting, but the cutting effect is different. When cutting at the corner or in a narrow space, the cutting speed should be reduced to reduce the bevel size and fillet phenomenon.
7, using the best cutting speed can form a slight visible trailing arc on the cutting section. When cutting low carbon steel, the cutting speed can be evaluated by observing these arcs, but the situation is different for aluminum and stainless steel. When using air or oxygen plasma cutting method, the trailing arc line with deflection angle less than 15 ° indicates that the cutting speed is in the optimal range. When using a high-precision cutting process, the best cutting quality can be accompanied by a nearly vertical arc. Slow cutting can form an arc that is skewed forward, while fast cutting can form an arc that is at an acute angle to the top surface of the sheet.
8. Nitrided layer buildup. Air plasma produces nitride layer contamination on the cutting surface when cutting carbon steel and stainless steel. The surface of the nitrided layer needs to be polished before welding to avoid weld pores.
9. Cutting section. The cutting method and positioner accuracy are the most important factors affecting the quality of the cutting section. (Follow WeChat public account: Materials Science and Engineering) Therefore, in order to obtain the best cutting section, the cutting method must be correctly selected according to the actual material type.
10. Non-air plasma cutting can avoid the accumulation of nitrided layer. Carbon steel cutting can use oxygen plasma, non-ferrous metal cutting using H35 or nitrogen / water mist protective gas cutting method.