The water required for waterjet equipment is generally tap water, but good water quality is also important. Good water quality can not only help improve the reliability and service life of pump seals and valves, but also extend the life of nozzles and generate efficient jets. Both have important meanings. Let's take a look with the editor of the waterjet cutting machine manufacturer.
Waterjet equipment has extremely high working pressure and small nozzles. Cutting small particles of impurities in the raw water, scaling, and corrosive ions will have a certain impact on the service life of the equipment and the accuracy of processing. Therefore, the raw water must be treated Can be used by equipment.
In order to ensure the normal operation of pumps, valves, seals and nozzles, a filter screen or filter is provided at the pump inlet. When the cleanliness of the water used in the cleaning device is low, multi-stage filtration should be considered to reduce the strain on the screen or filter. Number of cleanings. At high filtration accuracy, due to the large resistance loss of the filter, sufficient pressure should be ensured at the inlet of the filtration system. If necessary, a pre-centrifugal pump can be set (especially for pumps with higher pressure) to ensure that the suction system does not Cavitation occurs and maintains continuity of attraction.
The actual water quality treatment requirements are related to the following 3 points:
1. The quality of the water used
2. The required life of the nozzle used
3. Continuous work of the cutting machine
The device includes the following three:
1 water softener
2. Permeable water purification device
3.Water dissociation device
In different regions of China, the water quality is very different. For example, in most parts of the north, the content of Ga + and Mg + in water is relatively high, so the so-called "hard water" is formed. This kind of water quality water will actually have a certain impact on the loss of the equipment itself. This requires that the water used in the equipment must be treated in advance. It can be seen here that no matter how powerful and useful the waterjet is, it is inseparable from the more or less restraint of water quality on it.
The preliminary treatment of water by the cutter includes water filtration and water softening:
1. The purpose of water filtration is to eliminate tiny impurities and suspended matters in the water. Water filtration is usually achieved by multi-stage filter devices. Usually equipped with three layers of filtering equipment. After three layers of filtering, there will be no suspended matter in the water, and then it will enter the supercharger after being pressurized by the booster pump. The back stage of the filter usually needs to be equipped with a pressure difference gauge. When the filter element is blocked due to insufficient water pressure, the system will automatically stop and alarm, reminding the operator to replace the filter element in time to ensure system safety.
2. The methods of softening water are usually boiling, ion exchange, reverse osmosis, etc. Taking the RH-1000 softener as an example, the basic principle and use of softening are introduced.
(1) System function: The system uses a filter, activated carbon filter and security filter in series. This combination of equipment can not only remove residual chlorine and suspended matter in the water, but also better and effectively ensure the service life of the resin. The resin used in the water softener can effectively remove calcium and magnesium ions in the water, thereby achieving the effect of softening the water. And the water softener has an automatic regeneration function.
(2) Water quality test: In order to understand the water quality situation conveniently, the suspended matter, hardness and pH value of the water supply can be tested by the water quality test agent. This is critical for water softening.
According to the test, using the deionized water nozzle is the best under the same life. However, it must be noted that excessive removal of impurities in the water will make the water more corrosive, because the elements in the material in contact with the water at this time will try to replace the removed elements in the water, so the mixed bed dissociation system is used to conduct water quality Excessive treatment will harm the use of the equipment.